Mar 14, 2013

Arthritis Walk September 2011

Wow, I can't believe it has been so long since I have updated my blog. So many things have happened since then, I am not sure where to begin. I first would like to say that our first Arthritis Walk in 2011 was a success. With only a very small committee and with no local Arthritis Foundation contacts, we were able to raise around 25, 000 if I remember correctly. It was a beautiful day and we had around 160 walkers! Ayla was an Honoree as was my mother who also has Rheumatoid Arthritis. Our team was " Ayla's Angel's", we were about 50 walkers strong and raised around 2,000 dollars.  Although I knew even before the walk that one of my life long goals would be to raise awareness for this disease, the feeling was definitely confirmed after this event. I know this cause is something that I will always be devoted to! So I will leave you with a few pictures from this wonderful event!!




Ayla accepting her Honoree Award

My mom accepting her Honoree Award

My mom and my sister

The Family

Ayla and big brother

Ayla's friends showing their support!

Great friends of mine!

My sister

Ayla and Uncle Dunc!

No comments: