Jan 8, 2009



Yes, I know it has been forever since I posted so I will try to update everyone in this post. First of all these first three pictures were taken two days after Christmas. Yes, that's right, we were at a park and it was sunny. Actually it was very sunny with a record high temp of 75 degrees. I thought I would take advantage of the day so I took Miss Ayla to the park and she had a wonderful time. She loves to swing and go down the slide. I also thought I would try out my new camera that my wonderful husband bought me for Christmas. I have been wanting a nice camera for a while now, so this was a great surprise and as you can see, it takes awesome pictures. I still have alot to learn, I'm not quite sure how to use all of the features on it. I am thinking about getting a book to see if I can teach myself. If you click on the picture, it will maximize it and you can really see how clear they are.


Ayla's last appointment was on December 5th. Since she has been on the Prednisone (started on nov,17th) she has being doing awesome! We were expecting a great Dr. report but it seems that now her jaw (right side) and several of her fingers are involved as well. Before the prednisone, she was complaining just about everyday that her fingers were hurting. Since she has so many joints involved now the Dr. told us that the chances of her going into complete remission are very slim. She said that she would be able to lead a "normal" life, play sports, etc but she would just have to take medicines to control her arthritis for probably the rest of her life. I do appreciate the Dr's opinion, but I am not going to give up faith that we will one day beat this disease. Only God knows the future and I am willing to put my trust in him and be content with whatever the future may hold. Don't get me wrong, I am continually stressed out and I worry all of the time, but I do know that God is in control and that his will will ultimately be done. Since the Dr's appointment, we have decreased and increased the prednisone again. We thought since she was doing well we could start decreasing the pred. About a week after she started feeling bad again, her left foot began to swell and her hands were shaking when she would eat. The Dr's bumped up her pred and she is doing good again. They only wanted her to be on it for a couple of months and that is coming up in one week, so I am waiting to hear from them to see what they want to do. She has just had her 12th dose of methotrexate so we should be starting to see some improvements soon. We just had her blood work done today so I am anxious to see the results of that. Her next appointment is February 6th.

Pictures at the park

Christmas was fun as always this year. The kids loved all of their toys and we LOVED putting all of it together Christmas Eve night...um hm... I love sharing Christmas with friends and family , I will never grow tired of opening our home to friends and family. I love each and every one of you and I am so glad that you ALL are a part of our life! Since I haven't posted for quite some time, I have added some Christmas pictures of the kids.

Ayla and Brennan playing in their new kitchen!

No comments: