Jan 22, 2009

OBAMA BOUND



I know this is a couple of days late, but Kaleb had an opportunity to go to D.C. for the presidential inauguration this week. His dad was lucky enough to get tickets and they left on Sunday morning and were able to go to the concert Sunday evening at the Lincoln Memorial. They said it was awesome and they had to watch it on screens because you couldn't get anywhere near the front! This concert was televised on HBO and included
Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Bono, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Renee Fleming, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles, John Mellencamp, Usher, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, will.i.am and Stevie Wonder.
They had a great time together and I was so glad that Kaleb could go and be apart of History. It was an awesome day and I pray that President Obama will make the right decisions for our Country and continue to keep us safe. I had the inauguration on the television all day and I was telling Ayla, that is Obama our new president. So all day she kept saying "I want to see Obama", "I want to get my shoes and see Obama". I tried to explain to her that we could not go see Obama but she was not going to take that for an answer and she was quite upset that we could not go see Obama. Reasoning with a two year old, well I guess there is no reasoning with a two year old!! Oh well.. it was still a terrific day and one that will never be forgotten.

No comments: