Feb 16, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

I hope everyone had a happy Valentines Day!! Brennan was/is still sick so we did not do much. I bought the kids a new Blue's Clue's movie, some washable water paints, a sticker book and a bucket full of animals. Brennan loved the animals and he carries them around most of the time. Ayla enjoyed her paints and she made her Daddy a Valentines card with them! I hope she takes after her Daddy in that department, as for me, I can not even draw a stick person..and I am serious!!!

Here is Ayla and Brennan playing with some of their Valentines gifts

As for John and I , we ordered in Chinese food. There is not much you can do with two sick kids...speaking of sick kids, yes they have been sick for TWO WEEKS now.. enough already!!!
Ayla is better, just a lingering cold, Brennan is just NOW starting to show signs of improvement. To make a long story short, I took him to the Dr. last Monday and she said he had a ear infection and the croup. He was put on an antibiotic for the ear infection. Five days later he was continually getting worse, coughing constantly, congested, up all night... so on Friday when John came home from work he looked at Brennan and said "he looks terrible"..he called the Dr. to see if we could bring him in, the office closed at 6 and it was 4 when he called. He explained to the nurse that Brennan was not getting any better and we were on day 10. The Dr refused to see him saying that she could not fit him in, mind you we only live five minutes from the office. No chest x-ray, no lab work, nothing. John actually called back to see if they would at least call in some cough medicine so maybe Brennan could sleep a little.
To say the least, John was very upset. He ended up getting in touch with another pediatrician whom he knew and explained everything to him. This pediatrician was concerned and he ordered a chest x-ray, viral swab, and lab work. Come to find out, Brennan has RSV,bronchiolitis, and two ear infections. Needless to say, we changed pediatricians that day. I took Brennan in to see him and I really like the new Dr.
I had no idea, but I was telling a friend the whole story and she said that she tried to get her daughter in with this Dr but he has a two year waiting list. TWO years, I had no idea. So I am very thankful that things worked out the way they did. Brennan is thankfully starting to feel better although it could take up to four weeks to fully recover.
So far, the whole month of February has been filled with sickness...oh I can't wait until everyone is better!!!

No comments: