Jul 3, 2009

Happy 4th Everyone

Tonight John and I went out on a partial date, partial meaning we took Ayla with us. Brennan was still asleep when we left, so my mom came over and stayed with him while we went to Chili's to eat. Even though we had Ayla, it was still a treat. One toddler is a breeze, but two at least "OUR TWO" umm, not so easy or should I say enjoyable!! Ayla was so good, she loved the chips and dip and since we sat outside, she was fascinated by all of the birds near our table. I think eating outside made a world of difference!

chilis june 09 005
After we ate, we walked downtown and let Ayla see the water fountain. To take her picture, I bribed her with pennies to throw in the fountain! I can't wait to get a zoom lens (fingers crossed) so I can get some better pics. My kids normally run when they see the camera!!

DSC02443
I wanted to take her picture in her new "Cora" dress that I bought her for the fourth!!
DSC02450
We love this dress and the meaning behind it even more!
DSC02439
You see Cora was 10 months old when she was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. Sadly, she went to be with Jesus only three weeks after her diagnosis. I have been following her parents blog, "The Macs" for quite some time now.
DSC02435
They are an awesome God loving couple and just recently they announced that they are expecting again. Yea!!! I am so happy for them!! So, Cora's mommy and Grandma set up an etsy shop and they have been making the cutest dresses, onesies, burp cloths, shirts, blankets and lots of other cute items. The profits go towards "Cora's playground", a playground that is going to be installed at their church and in memory of sweet Cora. It is almost impossible to get anything. As soon as they stock their store, everything is gone within minutes and I am not kidding. I have tried several times to buy a Cora dress for Ayla and I have not been fast enough. Luckily a few weeks ago I was reading the blog and I saw that they had just stocked their etsy store. I went straight to etsy and snatched up this cute little dress and a red flag shirt for Brennan. I was so happy to get these sweet items and to donate to "Cora's Playground".

DSC02438
So, if you love this dress as much as I do, go straight over to "Cora's Etsy Store" and click on the refresh button over and over and over again and you just might get lucky and catch one of these adorable dresses!! With that being said, I hope EVERYONE has a safe and happy fourth of July!!!


1 comment:

FCD Currencies said...

Thank you for sharing tthis