Nov 22, 2009

What a fun weekend!!


Ayla and Brennan outside Nov 09 001

What a fun weekend!! On Friday we had friends of ours over for dinner. It was so nice to visit and catch up. We used to get together almost every Friday for dinner but unfortunately that has not been the case for a while. On Saturday morning my sister and I went to Zumba at the gym, yes I just recently joined a gym, I am desperate to get these extra twenty pounds off. I have had the hardest time losing weight since I had Brennan and I am just miserable right now. I am trying to go to the gym at least three times a week, I would go everyday if I had someone to watch the kids. Even though they have a daycare, I can not take them with me because I can not have Ayla in there with the germ infested toys and possible sick kids...lol. Anyway... so after Zumba Amy and I went shopping, I just found a place that sells Bare Minerals make up locally and I was excited to go and check that out. I love Bare Minerals and have been using it for about six years now.


new moon

Today was the BEST! I had a "Girls Day Out" with my sister and two other friends. We met for lunch and then went to see the movie "New Moon". It was sooooo awesome!! It was so much better than Twilight and it really stuck to the book which I like. The whole time I was sitting in the theater I kept thinking that I didn't want it to end because it was so good! I can't believe I have to wait until next JUNE to see the third movie, "Eclipse". Yes, I am a twilight junkie. I read all four books in less than two weeks! I never thought that I would like a book about vampires, but it is not what you think at all. I strongly urge you to read the series, I promise you, you will be addicted!! The author of this series, Stephanie Meyer, was on Oprah last week. I watched it and was amazed about what she had to say about Twilight. Stephanie was a 35 year old stay at home mom of three children when one night she had a dream about Edward and Bella (the main characters) she didn't know what it meant, but she kept a notebook by her bed and every night when she would have dreams, she would write them down so she wouldn't forget. She eventually starting writing about it not knowing where it all would go . She never intended to be a writer, she was never in to vampires, didn't know anything about them. She didn't even tell her Husband what she was doing because she knew he would give her a hard time if he knew she was writing about vampires. After she finished the first book "Twilight" she let her sister read it and her sister urged her to try and find a publisher. She had over thirteen publishers turn her down and only one decided to invest their time in her book. WOW, can you imagine how happy he or she is?? Oh, and I bet her husband is not giving her a hard time at all!! Click here to read the story behind the Twilight series and if you do , let me know what ya think!!

And just for fun, John was cleaning our storage building today and had all of these shelves out, the kids thought it was a jungle gym and had a blast climbing all over them and of course I took a few pictures!!


Ayla and Brennan outside Nov 09 002

Ayla and Brennan outside Nov 09 009

Ayla and Brennan outside Nov 09 012

Oh, and I am still staying very busy making bows. I have a few regular customers now that just bring their children's clothing over and I make bows to match everything! It has been a huge help with Christmas coming up! I hope everyone had a great weekend, now go and read Twilight!!


Ayla and Brennan outside Nov 09 014


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thank you so much first of all for the sweet comments you placed on my blog over the weekend. It feels so good to hear from anyone when I am doing a good job with the photos I am taking. I was beginning to think maybe people were getting tired of seeing pictures on the blog all the time. I have been reading understanding exposure, teaching myself photoshop and just recently fell in love with a 30 day free trial of lightroom. I love it. I also just learn my existing camera and how to use it as much as possible and get inspiration and advice from other photographers that I follow. The internet is so powerful.
I just love the bows that you make, if only I had a little girl, but maybe Melissa will have a girl and I can buy some for her. I am glad you had a girls night out, all moms deserve that.
Thanks again for everything you say and taking time to read my blog. Kids are growing and ever so cute as well. Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the week.

wife.mom.nurse said...

Your bows are so pretty :)


I would have never considered reading the series...you have piqued my interest!

Hmmmm

Glad you are doing well. I have been so busy my blogging has not been up to my usual standards.

Happy Thanksgiving

~Julie