Nov 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving with family this year. My mom, my sister and her family, my brother, John's parents and John's grandma all came over to eat! John's sister and family have came the last two years but they were not able to make it this year. They are living in California so we missed them and wished they could have been there with us! I started feeling sick a couple of days before Thanksgiving, so John did all of the cooking, and I have to say he did an awesome job! I am still fighting some kind of cold/sinus infection and it looks like Brennan has it now and Ayla woke up a little stuffy this morning so I am praying they do not feel as bad as I do. I lost my voice for a few days and I am just now getting that back. Since I was not feeling well, I did not get many pictures on Thanksgiving day :( Oh, I forgot to add that the kids LOVED watching the Thanksgiving day parade on T.V. Ayla loved all of the singing and dancing. It was fun to watch that together! Here is Ayla and Brennan eating breakfast watching the parade!


Thanksgiving Nov 2009 309
John being the "chef"

Thanksgiving Nov 2009 312
Ayla playing with Memaw, she loves taking her into her room to play!

Thanksgiving Nov 2009 313
Grandpa and Brennan

Thanksgiving Nov 2009 315

Thanksgiving Nov 2009 324

Thanksgiving Nov 2009 328

I went shopping on Black Friday with my sister and step mom since I had been planning it for weeks. John took off from work so I could go and some how I managed to get up and go shopping from 5am to 1:30 pm. Yes, it was crazy but we had a lot of fun. I know most people do not like fighting the crowds but it was not that bad and I hardly EVER get to go shopping without the kids so I enjoyed it!!

005

006

004

When I got home on Friday, John had went to Home Depot and picked up some Christmas Decorations for outside. I was shocked when he bought the white reindeer for outside because normally he is not a fan of yard art....haha, but he knew the children would like it so he caved in and bought THREE reindeer for our yard. Ayla loved it and she was outside helping him most of the day! He always puts the white lights out and we put lighted wreaths on all of the windows. The only thing I need now is garland for around the door and a wreath on the front door. I tried to take some pics last night of the house, I will try to post them later today. We have not put our tree up yet because I have not been up to it. I am feeling better today so maybe we will get that out this evening!

Thanksgiving Nov 2009 343

Thanksgiving Nov 2009 342

I hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving, only 25 more days until Christmas!! Oh, speaking of Christmas, Ayla was watching the Dora Christmas movie and she was so excited and she came to me and said, " Mommy, Santa is coming" and I said yes in a few weeks and then she said, "But not the Grinch", no baby not the grinch!! How funny!! I have been telling her everyday about Christmas and how it is Jesus's birthday. I don't want her to think it is ONLY about getting presents. Last year on Christmas I read the Christmas story of Jesus and we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. I am sure this will be a long lasting Christmas Tradition!


5 comments:

Casey said...

Looks like you had fun shopping! I love the deer! :-)

Summer said...

Hope ya start feeling better soon! Looks like you and your sis got lots of shopping done :0)! Glad you had a good time! Hope the kiddos feel better soon!
P.S. yeah for the reindeer!!
Summer :0)

Sara said...

Wow! Looks like you were able to get a LOT of shopping done! I'm far from finished, but I like to procrastinate, lol.

Whitney said...

Looks like you had a blast shopping! I'm about to check out the Matilda Jane line! I got Morgan's hair clip at Claire's a long time ago!

Meredith said...

Such great pictures, looks like it was a great day and a bonus for the shopping...fun!