Jan 6, 2010

Happy New Year

I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year! Things around here have been uneventful lately. I know, hard to believe, right? I finally got most of our Christmas decorations packed up on Friday morning and then Friday evening we had dinner at my sister Lisa's house to celebrate the new year. On Saturday morning I got up early and drove to Lexington Kentucky to pick Kaleb up. His dad lives in Nashville so we usually meet half way. Well on this day they were running a little late so I ended up driving to Louisville Kentucky instead. It was farther away but I didn't mind, they have fabulous malls..lol. I actually enjoyed the four hour peaceful drive. For a change, I got to listen to my music instead of Barney or the Wiggles! John bought me a box set of Selah Cd's and I FINALLY got to listen to all four cd's. They are my favorite group, it was great, I sang and prayed and sang and prayed the whole way there! I love it when music stirs your soul, and these cd's do just that. I had plenty of time to reflect on the past year and to think about the changes I want to make in the NEW YEAR. I also enjoyed the ride back home. I love having alone time with Kaleb where we can just talk about whatever. He will be graduating and going off to college all too soon and so I cherish every moment I have with him!

While I was away for the whole day, John was home playing Mr. Mom to the kids. Shortly after I got home, John told Ayla to show me pictures of what they had for breakfast. This is what I saw!!


IMG_0867

Must be nice, hu? Breakfast in bed!!

IMG_0868

What an awesome Dad, notice the DVD player so they could watch their movies!!

John had also cleaned the whole house, mopped floors and all with two loads of laundry going....AND he finished packing the Christmas decorations AND he put them all up in the attic. Wow, I am truly blessed with an amazing husband! I know I do not show or tell him nearly enough, but I do think that he is the BEST!


This next year, I hope to be a better wife, mother, friend and Christian. We stopped going to Church regularly when Ayla was diagnosed with JRA. Mostly because she was in pain and she would cry most of the time. We could not leave her in the nursery like that. Then when she finally did start feeling better around 6 months ago, she was (and still is) on medicines that compromise her immune system and we made a decision that we would keep her at home and avoid places where she could easily pick up a virus. John and I will take turns going to Church, but it is not the same. This really bothers me because I want our "whole family" to go to Church together! So I hope that we will be able to start going back to Church together as a family this year. I also need to start reading his word again and focus more on my relationship with my saviour. After all, I would be nothing or have nothing without him!

I also want to be a better wife. This past year has been a struggle for me. It has been hard getting into a routine with the two children. I am so blessed to be able to stay home and I love it and wouldn't change it for anything, but it has been the hardest thing I have ever done as well. I am a busy body, I love going places and doing things but with two little ones, I have learned that you have to do things according to their schedule. Anyway, most days I would take out my frustrations on John and for that I am sorry and I know I need to work on that!

I also would like to be more healthy. I have gained at least twenty pounds since having the babies. I am miserable, stressed out and in a bad mood most days because of it. I have joined a gym so my goal is to work out there at least three days a week and hopefully lose a little weight.

Sorry to bore you with such a long post... I am writing this at 1:00 am so I hope I am not just babbling.. oh, also before I forget, look at what Ayla got today!!


006

Her new big girl glasses!! Last week she completely broke the frames and so we had to get a new pair of glasses. We decided on the square frames this time and she did not have to get pieces that go around her ear. They are a light purple, so stylish!! Let's hope these hold up and last for awhile. These babies are not cheap...AT ALL... and she will need another pair(tinted)for the summer!

Happy New Year Ya'll... I hope this year brings you everything that you wish for!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Girl I am sooo lovin Ayla's new frames! I couldn't wait to see them when you told me.... They are super stylish and she looks cuter than ever....if that is even possible 'cause she is such a doll!

I wish I could have gone with ya to outlets to SHOP! We are sooo gonna have to schedule a trip to just do that.... What fun....

love ya,
Summer :o)

Sara said...

Cute pictures! I love going shopping in Louisville & Lexington- I try to make it every few months lol...

christy rose said...

Ayla looks so cute in her glasses. My two oldest girls had glasses when they were young too. Rachel was 2 and Olivia was 4 when they got them. Seeing Ayla in them brings back those memories to me.
I liked your rambling post. I hope you get your family back in church together this year too. It is such a great habit to get into with the whole family. I am glad that Ayla is feeling better so that maybe you all can do that. I hope you have a fabulous 2010!! :)