Sep 8, 2009

Did you notice anything DIFFERENT?

Today was a big day, for TWO reasons, first of all, Kaleb had his very first job interview at Kroger's and second of all, while we were gone, this is what happened at home....

aylas hair cut 001

Do you notice anything different?


aylas hair cut 003

Yes, that's right, Daddy cut Ayla's hair while we were gone!


aylas hair cut 002

Now, for those of you who don't know, Ayla is terrified of ANYONE getting a haircut, including herself. Remember this post, and this post, she was so upset about Brennan getting a hair cut, she cried the whole time!


aylas hair cut 004

I asked John how he managed to cut her hair and he said that she was eating fruit snacks and they somehow got all tangled in her hair and he could not get it out. He just told Ayla that he couldn't get it out and that he was going to have to cut it out. Strangely enough Ayla said, "okay" and she just stood on the front porch while Daddy cut her hair. I couldn't believe it when I pulled up and saw her short hair cut. This is the first time in three years that she has had her hair cut. I almost cried, I know it is silly, but to me it signified that she is growing up! Too fast, oh and I may not be able to do piggy tails anymore :(


DSC03102
Before haircut

DSC03314

After haircut


Now if HE could just get her to go to the potty!!!


2 comments:

Summer said...

girly,
Like a told ya last night and on the phone this morning... it is soooo cute.. She does look all grown up... and the piggy tail thing... ya can still do it... now it is the same length as Kelcee's! Ha! Ha!
P.S. if he can get her to use the potty give me the secret so I can get Greg to teach Kelcee... Ha! Ha!

Twincerely,Olga said...

your daughter is beautiful! Just wanted to stop by and invite you over.I am new to all of this and would love your company!