Oct 21, 2008

It's Official, Brennan is ONE!



Well, now I can say I have a two year old and a one year old. Brennan's first birthday was on October 18th. I can't believe it has been a year already. We had a small celebration on Sunday with family and friends. It was nice to share his first birthday with the people who mean the most to us. Our friends from Indiana came in and surprised us by showing up at the party. It was awesome to see them and spend some time with them. Brennan had a good time, of course he had no idea what all of the fuss was about. He liked his cake but unfortunately he did not like the very cute birthday hat that I thought he must have. Oh well, I did get one picture with it half way on..hehe...
This first year with Brennan has been a joy. He is a wonderful baby. He is so loving and the only one out of three who loves to cuddle. I just love it when he sucks his thumb and lays his little head on my shoulder. He loves to be loved on. I will just sit and rock him and whisper in his ear how much I love him. He takes it all in and enjoys it as much as I do. It is sad now just thinking about it because I know these days will not last forever as I wish they would. He is growing so much everyday and so that is why I cherish every moment that I have with him. I don't ever want to forget that big, huge smile he has when I get him out of bed in the morning, or how those beautiful blue eyes light up when I smother him with kisses.
This past year has been rough on all of us with Ayla's diagnosis of JRA. She has needed my full attention most of the time, and Brennan has been my little angel letting me take care of her even though it has taken me away from him at times. He has been very patient and is such a sweet, calm, loving baby. I don't know how many times (when I am taking care of Ala) I have said I am so thankful that he is such a good baby. God definitely sent me an angel when he gave me Brennan one year ago.

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY MY SWEET BABY BOY. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!

No comments: